|Md. Moudud Islam|
Department of Fish Biology and Biotechnology
Faculty of Fisheries
Md. Moudud Islam obtained Bachelor of Science in Fisheries (Hons.) degree in 2013 from the Faculty of Fisheries, Bangladesh Agricultural University (BAU), Mymensingh, and Master of Science (MS.) in 2015 from the Department of Fisheries Biology and Genetics of the same University. After successfully completing graduation with bright result, he joined as a Lecturer at the Department of Fish Biology and Biotechnology of Faculty of Fisheries in Chattogram Veterinary and Animal Sciences University in 2015 and currently serving as Assistant Professor.
He was born on 22 January, 1992. He is the youngest son of Mr. Md. Abdul Mazid and Most. Romena Khatun. He is from the village Zordaho (Notun Bari), Bera Upazilla of Pabna District, Bangladesh. He completed his primary and secondary education (SSC) from Al-hera Academy School and College, and higher secondary education (HSC) from BAF Shaheen College, Dhaka.
Mr. Islam is a young potential researcher who has enormous enthusiasm to plan, initiate and conduct high quality research. He has been able to publish remarkable numbers of scientific papers in national and international peer reviewed journals in the field of fish physiology, reproductive biology and molecular biology.
|•||Assistant Professor in Dept. of Fish Biology and Biotechnology, Chattogram Veterinary and Animal Sciences University from July 23, 2017 to Present|
|•||Lecturer in Dept. of Fish Biology and Biotechnology, Chattogram Veterinary and Animal Sciences University from April 30, 2015 to July 22, 2017|
|•||Lecturer in Fisheries Biology and Genetics, Sheikh Fazilatunnessa Mujib Fisheries College from Oct. 1, 2014 to April 29, 2015|
|•||Head of the Department in Dept. of Fish Biology and Biotechnology, Chattogram Veterinary and Animal Sciences University from Sept. 25, 2017 to Present|
|Course Name||Course Code||Department|
|Fish Breeding and Hatchery Management||BHM-402||Department of Fish Biology and Biotechnology|
|Fish Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology||FGB-401||Department of Fish Biology and Biotechnology|
|Fundamentals of Genetics||FGE-301||Department of Fish Biology and Biotechnology|
|Molecular Biology and Embryology||MBE-302||Department of Fish Biology and Biotechnology|
|Course Name||Course Code||Department|
|Fish Genetic Engineering||FGE-501||Department of Fish Biology and Biotechnology|
|Molecular Biology||MBI-502||Department of Fish Biology and Biotechnology|
|Research Design and Genetic Data Analysis||RDA-501||Department of Fish Biology and Biotechnology|
Cell Phone: +880167458136
Faculty of Fisheries,
CVASU Main Campus.
Name of the Qualification Name of School/College/University Passing Year
Masters of Science (M.S) Bangladesh Agricultural University, Mymensingh 2015
B. Sc. Fisheries (Hons.) Bangladesh Agricultural University, Mymensingh 2013
Higher Secondary Certificate BAF Shaheen College 2008
Secondary School Certificate Al- Hera Academy School and College 2006
Award and Fellowship
1. Principal investigator of the research project entitled “Determination of breeding season of Black Pomfret, (Parastromateus niger) from the Bay of Bengal, Bangladesh” funded by UGC-CVASU.
2. Principal investigator of the research project entitled “Effects of exogenous dietary supplementation of Protease enzyme (Pepsin) on the growth performance, feed utilization and hematology in Pangas (Pangasius hypophthalmus)” funded by UGC-CVASU.
3. Principal investigator of the research project entitled “Manipulation of growth and gonadal maturation of climbing perch (Anabas testudineus) through different level of dietary vitamin E supplementation” funded by UGC-CVASU.
4. Worked as Sub-project Management Team Member (SPMT) in World Bank and UGC funded HEQEP project named “Capacity building of the newly established Faculty of Fisheries and strengthening internship program of Chattogram Veterinary and Animal Sciences University for producing competent graduates” from September 2018 to September 2019.
5. Research Assistant: From January 2014 to December 2014 in a project named “Conservation of three indigenous endangered fish species Tengra (Mystus vittatus), Gulsha (Mystus cavasius) and Bata (Labeo bata) through cryopreservation of sperm” funded by IDRS-BFRI.
1. ARTICLES PUBLISHED IN PEER REVIEWED JOURNALS
1. Ahmed, S.I., Ahmmed, M.K., Ghosh, S.K., Islam, M.M., & Shahjahan, M. (2015). Histo-architectural changes of intestinal morphology in Zebra fish (Danio rerio) exposed to Sumithion. Research in Agriculture Livestock and Fisheries. 2(3): 499-506. DOI: 10.3329/RALF.V2I3.26174
2. PUBLICATIONS IN THE PROCEEDINGS OF CONFERENCE
1. Islam, M.A., Akhter, F., Akter, F., Zahangir, M.M., & Islam MM*. (2019). Identification of Spawning Season of Black Pomfret (P. niger) from the Bay of Bengal, Bangladesh. 16th International Scientific Conference (ISCon XVI) of Chattogram Veterinary and Animal Sciences University (CVASU). 19-20 October 2019. p.134.
2. Zenia, F., Zahangir, M.M., Akhter, F., & Islam MM*. (2019). Exogenous dietary supplementation of pepsin: effects on growth, feed utilization and health status in fish (Pangas, Pangasius hypophthalmus). 8th Biennial Fisheries Conference & Research Fair; Bangladesh Fisheries Research Forum (BFRF). 30-31 March 2019. Dhaka, Bangladesh. p.109.
3.Akhter, F., Islam MM, Mamun, M.M., & Zahangir, M.M. (2019). Gonadal maturation cycle of silver pomfret (Pampus argenteus) from the Bay of Bengal. 8th Biennial Fisheries Conference & Research Fair; Bangladesh Fisheries Research Forum (BFRF). 30-31 March 2019. Dhaka, Bangladesh. p.133.