Department of Marine Bioresource Science
Faculty of Fisheries
Avijit Talukder completed his Bachelor of Science degree with honors in Marine Science and Master of Science in the branch of Oceanography from Institute of Marine Sciences, Faculty of Marine Sciences and Fisheries, University of Chittagong, Chittagong 4331, Bangladesh. He started his career as a Lecturer of Marine Bioresource Science Department under the Faculty of Fisheries, CVASU from 29thJune 2014 to 22nd August . Now serving as an Assistant Professor since 23rd August 2016 and also acting as the Head of the Department of Marine Bioresource Science from 29th of October 2018. He has research interests in Biogeochemical cycles of the ocean, Eco-engineering and Maritime Spatial Planning.
He was awarded the prestigious Erasmus Mundus Scholarship from European Union to pursue his Second Master Course on Maritime Spatial Planning from University of Seville, Spain; University of Azores, Portugal; University IUAV of Venice, Italy in the session of 2016-2018. Mr. Talukder has a strong record of research in his area that includes publications of a number of papers in the peer reviewed national and international journal. In addition, he has a Book on “Sea Shells of Bangladesh: Marine Gastropods and Bivalve Molluscs Biodiversity” that enriched his research career in Oceanographic sector.
|•||Assistant Professor in Marine Bioresource Science, Faculty of Fisheries, CVASU from Aug. 23, 2016 to Present|
|•||Lecturer in Marine Bioresource Science, Faculty of Fisheries from June 29, 2014 to Aug. 22, 2016|
1. Chowdhury, S.R., Talukder, A., Sharifuzzaman, S.M., Hossain, M.S. (2020). Onshore barrier affects sediment deposition in a subtropical mudflat. Regional Studies on Marine Sciences 37: 101344, doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.rsma.2020.101344.
2. Talukder, A., Mallick, D., Hasin, T., Anka, I.Z., Hasan, M.M. (2016). Spatio-temporal variability in hydro-chemical characteristics of coastal waters of Salimpur, Chittagong along the Bay of Bengal. Journal of Fisheries 4(1): 335-344, doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.17017/jfish.v4i1.2016.104.
3. Talukder, A., Mallick, D., Mandal, N.S., Anka, I.Z., Shiuli, M.K., Hasin, T., Sarker, S. (2016). Impact of rainfall on spatio-temporal distribution of sediment organic matter along the Chittagong coast, Bangladesh. Journal of Agriculture, Livestock and Fisheries 3(1): 175-186, doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.3329/ralf.v3i1.27876.
4. Mallick, D., Islam, M.S., Talukder, A., Mondal, N.S., AI-Imran, M., Biswas, S. (2016). Seasonal variability in water chemistry and sediment characteristics of intertidal zone at Karnafully Estuary, Bangladesh. Pollution, 2(4): 411-423, doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.7508/pj.2016.04.004.
5. Anka, I.Z., Jothi, J.S., Sarker, J., Talukder, A., Islam, M.S. (2016). Growth Performance and survival of guppy (Poecilia reticulata): different formulated diets effect. Asian Journal of Medical and Biological Research 2(3): 451-457, doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.3329/ajmbr.v2i3.30117.
1. Hossain, M.S., Sharifuzzaman, S.M., Chowdhury, S.R., Chowdhury, S.N., Sarker, S., Rasal, R.I., Talukder, A. (2014). Sea Shells of Bangladesh: Marine Gastropods and Bivalve Molluscs Biodiversity. Trtra-C (Editor: MSH), ISBN: 9789843383105, doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.13140/2.1.3546.2728.
1. Talukder A, Mallick D, Sheuli MK, Mondal S, Sarker S. (2015). Sediment particle size distribution pattern of the Bay of Bengal along the Chittagong coast, Bangladesh, World Oceans Day 2015 Abstracts, Institute of Marine Sciences and Fisheries, University of Chittagong, 13pp.
2. MS thesis 2018. “Enhancing scenarios analysis in Maritime Spatial Planning.”
3. MS thesis 2015. “Sediment characteristics of an intertidal mudflat of Kutubdia Island, Bangladesh.”
4. Bachelor term paper 2013. titled, “Vertical salinity-temperature variation at the mouth of Halda River.”
5. Monograph on “Ecological Engineering for Coastal Resilience: A basis for shoreline protection, food security, and socioeconomic development.” November 2014.