|Dr. Md. Faisal|
Department of Fishing and Post-Harvest Technology
Faculty of Fisheries
Dr. Md. Faisal comes of a noble Muslim family. He has proved his academic excellence since the beginning of his early academic life. He has completed his S.S.C. and H.S.C. from Cantonment Public School and College with outstanding results. In 2004, he got himself admitted to one of the leading Universities in Agricultural Science named Bangladesh Agricultural University and achieved B. Sc. Fisheries (Hon’s.) in June, 2008 and MS in Fisheries Technology in January, 2010 with brilliant results. After completing MS he served as a Fisheries Quality Control Consultant in U. S. Agency for International Development (USAID) for 2 years and as a Group Technical Head in a UK-Bangladesh joint venture organization named Euro Foods Group for 1 year. Due to his fascination for Teaching and Research, Dr. Md. Faisal started his career as a Lecturer on 1st January, 2013 in the Department of Fishing and Post-Harvest Technology, Chattogram Veterinary and Animal Sciences University(CVASU). He has been promoted as Assistant Professor on 5th March, 2015 and as Associate Professor on 29th December, 2020 (effective from 19th March, 2020). He also served as a Head of same Department from 1st April 2015 to 1st March 2016 in first tenure and since 24th August to date in his second tenure. He has successfully completed his PhD from the College of Health and Biomedicine, Victoria University, Melbourne, Australia on 19th March 2020.
Dr. Md. Faisal has immense research interests in the areas of isolation of allergenic compounds from prawn/ shrimp and their immunomodulatory effects on human health, reduction of allergenicity through different processing technology. Moreover e is also interested in isolation of bio-active compounds such as peptides, proteins, collagen, gelatine, free fatty acids, water-soluble minerals and enzymes from fish by-products; value added product development; molecular food safety; hygiene and quality assurance; biotechnological, biochemical and microbial analysis of fish, shrimp and seaweeds.
Dr. Faisal has a strong record of research in his area that includes publications of a number of papers in the reputed journals. Currently he has been serving as a Associate Professor and Head in the Department of Fishing and Post-Harvest Technology, CVASU, Chattogram, Bangladesh.
A: List of published research work with details
1. Faisal, M., Vasiljevic, T., & Donkor, O. N. (2019). A review on methodologies for extraction, identification and quantification of allergenic proteins in prawns. Food Research International, 121, 307-318.
2. Faisal, M., Buckow, R., Vasiljevic, T., & Donkor, O. N. (2019). Effect of simulated digestion on antigenicity of banana prawn (Fenneropenaeus merguiensis) after high pressure processing at different temperatures. Food Control, 104, 187-192.
3. Faisal, M., Vasiljevic, T., & Donkor, O. N. (2019). Effects of selected processing treatments on antigenicity of banana prawn (Fenneropenaeus merguiensis) tropomyosin. International Journal of Food Science & Technology, 54(1), 183-193.
4. Faisal, M., Dargahi, N., Vasiljevic, T., & Donkor, O. N. (2019). Immunomodulatory properties of selectively processed prawn protein fractions assessed using human peripheral blood mononuclear cells. International Journal of Food Science & Technology.
5. Faisal, M. (2019). Impact of Different Processing Methods on Immunogenicity of Prawn- Ph.D. Dissertation, College of Health and Biomedicine, Institute of Sustainable Industries and Livable Cities, Victoria University, Melbourne, Australia. 103 pp.
6. Ahmmed, M. K., Ahmmed, F., Kabir, K. A., Faisal, M., Ahmed, S. I., & Ahsan, M. N. (2017). Biochemical impacts of salinity on the catfish, Heteropneustes fossilis (Bloch, 1794), and possibility of their farming at low saline water. Aquaculture research, 48(8), 4251-4261.
7. Faisal, M., Islami, S. N. E., Islam, M. N., Kamal, M., & Khan, M. N. A. (2015). Study on microbial and physical changes in fish sauce during fermentation. Research in Agriculture Livestock and Fisheries, 2(2), 375-383.
8. Islami, S. N. E., Faisal, M., Akter, M., Reza, M. S., & Kamal, M. (2015). Comparative shelf life study of whole fish and fillets of cultured striped catfish (Pangasianodon hypophthalmus) during ice storage condition. Research in Agriculture Livestock and Fisheries, 2(1), 177-183.
9. Faisal, M., Islam, M. N., Kamal, M., & Khan, M. N. A. (2013). Production of Fish Sauce from Low Cost Small Freshwater Fish and their Qualitative Evaluation. Progressive Agriculture, 24(1-2), 171-180.
10. Debnath, S. K., Chakraborty, S. C., Sharmin, R., Nath, P. C. D., & Faisal, M. (2009). A study of the improved technique for the production of smoked Thai Pangas (Pangasius hypopthalmus). International Journal of Bioresearch, 2(12), 47-50.
11. Faisal, M. (2009). Production of Fish Sauce from Low Cost Small Freshwater Fish and their Qualitative Evaluation- M.S. Thesis, Department of Fisheries Technology, Bangladesh Agricultural University, Mymensing, Bangladesh. 81 pp.
1. M. Faisal, M. N. Islam, M. N. A. Khan and M. Kamal –Production of Fish Sauce from Small Freshwater Fish and Their Qualitative Evaluation. Presented in 11th Annual Scientific Conference at CVASU in 2014.