|Mr. Sohel Rana|
Department of Agricultural Economics and Social Science
Faculty of Veterinary Medicine
Sohel Rana obtained Bachelor of Science in Agriculture (Honours) and MS in Agricultural Extension Education degrees in 2008 and 2010 respectively from Bangladesh Agricultural University (BAU), Mymensingh. He joined the Department of Agricultural Economics and Social Science, CVASU as an academic staff in October 2011. Currently, he received Japanese Government Scholarship (Monbukagakusho-MEXT) and enrolled as a Ph.D. Fellow at the Graduate School of Science and Technology, Niigata University, Japan.
Research interests: Agricultural extension and rural development, Technology transfer in agriculture, Disaster risk management
|•||Assisstant Professor in Department of Agricultural Economics and Social Science, Chattogram Veterinary and Animal Sciences University from March 2, 2014 to Present|
|•||Lecturer in Department of Agricultural Economics and Social Science, Chattogram Veterinary and Animal Sciences University from Oct. 20, 2011 to March 1, 2014|
|•||Research Assisstant (IFAD-PKSF funded research project, Need Assessment on Veterinary Services: Availability and Cost of Animal Health Services in MFTS Project Areas) in Dept. of Agricultural Extension Education, Bangladesh Agricultural University, Bangladesh Agricultural University from Nov. 1, 2009 to Oct. 31, 2010|
|•||Research Fellow (FAO funded research project, Ultra Poor Households’ Flood Coping Strategies towards Food Security in Two Flood Prone Regions) in Dept. of Agricultural Extension Education, Bangladesh Agricultural University, Bangaldesh Agricultural University from Nov. 1, 2008 to Oct. 31, 2009|
|Course Name||Course Code||Department|
|Agricultural Extension||AEX-402||Department of Agricultural Economics and Social Science|
|Extension Communication Management||ECM-401||Department of Agricultural Economics and Social Science|
|Fisheries Extension||FEX-401||Department of Agricultural Economics and Social Science|
|Degree||Institute ||Passing Year|
|MS in Agricultural Extension Education||Bangladesh Agricultural University||2010|
|B.Sc.Ag.(Honours)||Bangladesh Agricultural University||2008|
1. Monbu-kagakusho (MEXT) scholarship to pursue PhD study at Niigata University, Niigata, Japan by the Japanese Government.
2. I have received Niigata University President's award (2019).
3. Fellowship awarded from Comprehensive Disaster Management Program (CDMP) for conducting Masters study at Bangladesh Agricultural University.
1. Bangladesh Agricultural Extension Society (BAES)
2. Japan Section of The Regional Science Association International (JSRSAI)
1. The 56th Annual Meeting of the Japan Section of Regional Science Association International, 13-15 September 2019, Kurume University, Kurume city, Japan. Oral Presentation on "Disaster Risk Management (DRM) in a Haor Area of Bangladesh: Focusing on the Household Level". [Received Outstanding Presentation Award].
2. The 57th Annual Conference of the Japan Section of Regional Science Association International, 12-13 December 2020 (using Webex), Toyo University, Japan. Oral Presentation on "Social Innovation for Women's Empowerment in Disaster Risk Governance: Focusing on CIG in a Haor Region of Bangladesh".
3. The 17th PRSCO Summer Institute. 11-13 August 2021; RMIT University, Vietnam. Oral Presentation on "Role of Entrepreneurship in Regional Development in A Haor Region of Bangladesh: A Trajectory Equifinality Model Analysis on Local Entrepreneurs".
Published Research Articles:
1. Farmers’ perception to agricultural information and communication centre: An initiative of government of Bangladesh. Funded by University Grants Commission of Bangladesh (UGC), from June 2016 to May 2017. Role in the project: Principal Investigator.
2. Adoption of information and communication technology (ICT) based agricultural extension services by the farmers of some selected areas of Chittagong district. Funded by UGC-CVASU, from July 2015 to June 2016. Role in the project: Principal Investigator.
3. A novel approach for sustaining and strengthening the physical virtual facilities of CVASU. Funded by HEQEP (World Bank and UGC), from May 2017 to September 2018. Role in the project: Deputy Sub-Project Manager (DSPM).