|DR. Babu Kanti Nath|
Department of Dairy and Poultry Science
Faculty of Veterinary Medicine
Completed a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) (CVASU, 2010) and then a MS in Medicine in CVASU investigating Uterine microorganisms in repeat breeding cows and selection of drugs to improve fertility in vitro. Also, I did a MS in Poultry Science in CVASU to explore effects of rubber seed and yeast on growth performance and serum biochemical responses of commercial broilers. At present I am doing PhD in Charles Sturt University, Australia. Currently my PhD research focuses on molecular characterization, population dynamics and structural biology of novel circoviruses in pigeon and duck.
|•||Assistant Professor in Dairy and Poultry Science, Chittagong Veterinary and Animal Sciences University from March 15, 2015 to Present|
|•||Lecturer in Dairy and Poultry Science, Chittagong Veterinary and Animal Sciences University from Jan. 1, 2013 to March 4, 2015|
|Course Name||Course Code||Department|
|Poultry Production||PPR 202||Department of Dairy and Poultry Science|
|Breeder and Hatchery Management||BHM-301||Department of Dairy and Poultry Science|
|Course Name||Course Code||Department|
|Duck and Specialized Fowl Production||DCH-601||Department of Dairy and Poultry Science|
|Parent Stock and Commercial Broiler Production||PCB-602||Department of Dairy and Poultry Science|
PhD-Ongoing (3rd year) School of Animal and Veterinary Sciences Faculty of Science, Charles Sturt University, Wagga Wagga, NSW, Australia Research Topics: "Development of a recombinant vaccine for the Psittacine Beak and Feather Disease (PBFD)."
MS (Master of Science in Poultry Science) 2013-2014 Institute: Chittagong Veterinary and Animal Sciences University (CVASU), Bangladesh Thesis title: Effects of rubber seed and yeast on growth performances; hematological and serum bio- Chemical profile of commercial Broiler.
MS (Master of Science in Medicine) 2011-2012 Institute: Chittagong Veterinary and Animal Sciences University (CVASU), Bangladesh Thesis title: Uterine Microorganisms in Repeat Breeder Cows and Selection of Drugs to Improve Fertility through invitro.
DVM (Doctor of Veterinary Medicine) 2004-2008 (Final exam held in 2010, Result in 2010) Institute: Chittagong Veterinary and Animal Sciences University (CVASU), Bangladesh.
RESEARCH PUBLICATIONS IN JOURNALS
1) Nath B K, Das S, Roby J A, Sarker S, Luque D, Raidal S R, Forwood J K (2020). Structural Perspectives of Beak and Feather Disease Virus and PCV Circovirus Proteins. Viral Immunology,34(1), Mary Ann Liebert, Inc. Pp. 1–11.
2) Nath B K, Akter N, Hossain M A, Najmin S, Nath C, Hossain M E (2020). Effects of graded levels of baker’s yeast on performance, gut morphology and hemato-biochemical indices of broiler chickens. Indian Journal of Poultry Science, 55(2): 105−113
3) Abu-Tayyeb M, Jahan I, Hossain M A, Hossain M M, Akter N, Nath B K (2019). The responses of exogenous enzymes (multi-enzymes) on the productivity and stage of production of broilers fed vegetable-sourced diets. International Journal of Poultry Science, 18: 515-522.
4) Najmin S, Qayum MO, Biswas P K, Das S, Nath B K (2018). Pathogenic potentials and shedding probability of Salmonella enterica serotype Kentucky in experimentally infected backyard chicken (2018). Journal of Advanced Veterinary and Animal Research, 5 (2): 196-203.
5) Barua M, Das G B, Islam K. Chowdhury S, Hossain M E, Nath B K, Islam M (2017). Effect of fish oil on performance, coccidiosis prevention and serum lipid profile in broiler. Asian Journal of Poultry Science, 11(1): 20-30.
6) Biswas P K, Giasuddin M, Nath B K, Islam M Z, Debnath N C, and Yamage M (2017). Biosecurity and Circulation of Highly Pathogenic Avian Influenza Virus H5N1 in Live Bird Markets in Bangladesh, 2012. Transboundary and Emerging Diseases. 64 (3): 883-891, doi:10.1111/tbed.12454.
7) Nath B K, Hossain M A, Bari M S, Barua M, Islam K and Chanda G C (2016). Growth performance and Serum biochemical responses of commercial broilers fed diets containing Rubber seed and Yeast. Asian Journal of Poultry Sciences, 10: 96-103.
8) Ahmed R U, Kober A K M H, Bari M S, and Nath B K (2016). Identification of injury, mortality and welfare during broiler transportation. International Journal of Natural Sciences, 6 (2): 83-88.
9) Das B C, Nath B K, Pallab M S, Biswas D (2015). Successful surgical management of periorbital abscess in rabbit-a clinical case report. Bangladesh Livestock Journal, 1: 42-43.
10) Nath B K, Das B C, Bari M S and Rahman M A (2014). Prevalence and Risk Factors of Repeat Breeding in Commercial Dairy Farms of Chittagong District of Bangladesh. International Journal of Natural Sciences, 4 (1): 21-27.
11) Hossain M I, Nath B K and Prodhan M A M (2014). Determination of the serum antibody level of different age groups of broiler chicken against Infectious Bursal Disease (IBD). International Journal of Natural Sciences, 4 (2): 22-27.
12) Kober A K M H, Bari M S, Nath B K and Chakma J (2014). Small scale dairy cattle management in hilly district of Bangladesh. Advances in Agriculture, Sciences and Engineering Research, 4 (1): 1445-1452.
13) Das B C, Das S, Nath B K, Parvez M A and Hossain S (2014). Post Mortem Examination of Barn owl in Bangladesh- A first case report. International Journal of Natural Sciences, 4(2): 34-37.
14) Das S, Nath B K, Alim M A, Sikder S and Pallab M S (2013). Acanthomatous ameloblastoma in a female Spitz dog with rare atypical histomorphology, a case study. Veterinary World, 6(4): 219-222.
15) Das B C, Nath B K, Pallab M S, Mannan A and Biswas D (2012). Successful management of ventral abdominal hernia in goat: a case report. International Journal of Natural Sciences, 2(2): 60-62.
16) Biswas D, Nath B K, Mannan A (2012). Weak-calf syndrome in a crossbred calf: a case report. Journal of Animal Science Advances, 2(5): 492-494.
17) Shil S K, Shaikat A H, Nath B K, Khan M F H and Khan S A (2012). Hemato-biochemical profile in lactating cows and their calves. Journal of Bangladesh Society of Agricultural Science and Technology, 9(1&2): 41-44.
18) Nath B K, Roy K, Shaikat A and Shil S (2011). A Study on Prevalence and Pathological Effects of Intestinal Helminths in Black Bengal Goat in Chittagong. YYU Veteriner Fakultesi Dergisi, 22 (3): 139- 142.
19) Noman M A, Shaikat A, Nath B K and Shil S and Hossain M (2011). Incidence and modulating effects of environmental factors on infectious diseases of Black Bengal goat in Cox’s Bazar district of Bangladesh. YYU Veteriner Fakultesi Dergisi. 22 (3): 163 – 167.
Principal investigator of 2 (two) projects in Bangladesh:
1. “Effects of rubber seed and yeast on growth performance and serum biochemical responses of commercial broilers.” -funded by UGC in 2013.
2. “Effects of different levels of yeast on growth, gut morphology and hemato-biochemical parameters of commercial broilers.”-funded by UGC in 2016.
3. Worked as a Scientific Officer in a FAO funded project entitled “The impact of different hygienic practices on Avian Influenza Virus Isolation rates in live bird markets of Bangladesh.” Department of Microbiology and Veterinary Public Health, CVASU, Bangladesh: 1st April to 31st October 2012.